The Kaman Law Firm, P.C. provides a better, more efficient service to its clients by utilizing the latest in legal technology. Let me give an example. Here’s the timeline:
- 9:30AM: I was informed that I needed a few additional signatures on a filing in a probate matter. Both individuals lived out-of-state – one was living in Europe.
- 10:30AM My client provided me the email addresses of the individuals that needed to sign the document.
- 11:30AM I had the documents drafted and prepared for electronic signature, then emailed to the individuals. SIDE NOTE: This step probably would have happened sooner, but I was laid out by a bad case of the flu. My client pointed out that technology hasn’t quite solved that one!
- Just before 2PM: I received notification that the documents had been signed by both individuals – including the individual living in Europe, who signed at 9 or 10PM local time from a tablet, smartphone or PC.
- 3PM: The signed documents were forwarded to the probate register for filing.
- 4:30PM: The probate register informed me that the paperwork was complete and ready for pickup.
Since I had the documents electronically signed, we saved WEEKS of time that would have otherwise been wasted waiting for the mail to come.
It’s not just electronic signatures.
I processed a retainer deposit over the phone, then refunded the leftover funds back to the credit card – instantly. Last week, I had a 24-hour turnaround on a will-based estate plan for a client that was heading out of town. This is all made possible by legal technology that assists me process information more efficiently and accurately.
Click here to send me a message if you are interested in hearing more about this technology or how I can help with an estate plan, real estate transaction or business venture.
Finally, for any attorneys reading this, Lexicata made the above timeline possible. I give Lexicata an A+, 5-Stars, etc. for their technology and customer service. Check it out!